Returning favorites and a new layout are part of the Third Annual Summer SOULstice celebration of art, music and healing in Pulaski.
Summer SOULstice 2018 will be June 16 and will include the entire Pulaski Square as well as South Second Street.
"The new layout will condense everything onto our amazing square and South Second Street to the First National Bank Gazebo," Main Street Director Olivia Officer said. "All the vendors, all the attractions, all the music and events will be on the Square and South Second Street. I'm excited about everything Summer SOULstice has to offer this year."
• Giles County Relay For Life takes its place in the middle of the Summer SOULstice celebration, recognizing Giles County's battle against cancer and remembering those lost to the fight.
Food booths, fun, healing and love are at the center of Giles County's Relay For Life.
• Dueling Pianos, a crowd favorite last year, will be back and better as this year's main entertainment. Straight from Broadway in Nashville the Rock and Roll Dueling Pianos will play from the main stage all night.
• Milk Drop is back as well, and individual teams, business teams and industry teams are being sought to challenge as the top milk pourers and catchers in Giles County.
• Roarke Phillips will move his chainsaw art exhibit to the First National Bank Gazebo on South Second Street.
• PPAC dancers, Balloon Man, Kids Karaoke, bounce houses, Trampoline Man and the Giles County Soccer League mini soccer field will all return the streets of downtown Pulaski.
• Fathers are reminded to bring their daughters to the Pulaski Square on Friday, June 15, for the Second Annual Father Daughter Dance.
• The music will fill the streets this year at Summer SOULstice as local talent will play mini sessions at locations along the festival route, including in front of The Outlook on the east side of the Pulaski Square and on South Second.
Local musicians are being sought to play in the mini sessions throughout the evening.
• Giles County basketball great Tyler Smith invites kids to join him in a Hoop Shoot.
• Events will be held at the Pulaski Public Library on South Second Street as part of their summer reading program.
• STAAR Theatre will host the new craft beer and wine tasting sponsored by Cardin Distributing and Big Creek Winery.
• Local food trucks will serve food along South Second Street.
• The Temple of Praise Choir will lead everyone into Relay For Life's luminary lighting ceremony, which promises to be a moving experience that you won't want to miss.
"Go ahead and mark June 16 on your calendars and bring your whole family to downtown Pulaski as we celebrate art, music, food, fun, healing and each other," Officer said. "Each year Summer SOULstice has taken on a new and amazing life of its own and this year is no exception."
Summer SOULstice and Relay For Life are combining their popular t-shirts this year. The t-shirts are available through preorder only and can be ordered online at pulaskisummersoulstice.com until June 1.
Spots are still available for local and area crafters, makers and vendors who will be in the heart of it the festival with the layout changes this year. There is a special rate for local crafters.
For more information on Summer SOULstice 2018 contact Officer at the Giles County Chamber of Tourism and Commerce by calling 363-3789 or email email@example.com.